PPEI “Sunflower” enrols children from 1.5 to 6 years of age. Please apply by filling out the application on our website.
Helps in developing and in revealing the strengths and talents of each child and assists in forming balanced, bright, creative and independent personalities. Provides a comfortable, positive and safe environment.
works with professional and modern-minded teachers with extensive experience in pre-school and primary education. We use specialized methodology like Maria Montessori and Waldorf and the most successful, up –to-date elements.
The SUNFLOWER kindergarten welcome children from overseas and helps your child adapt and communicate with his new environment.
Our baby’s school is created for children of up to 3 years of age.
Together with their parents, the children get acquainted with the environment of the kindergarten and the daily life at Saulespuķe.
Together they learn how to socialize, make friends, play games and participate in classes.
Plan a small lunch box to bring along with you.
This is a great way to help your child get accustomed to the kindergarten environment before staying there independently.
Classes are held on Tuesdays.
Arrival from 10:00 until 11:20.
Apply by calling 29838511
BIRTHDAYS AT OUR KINDERGARTEN
We also offer an opportunity for your child to celebrate his/her birthday at our kindergarten “Saulespuķe”, Meža street 4a, Nr. 55, Riga
Invite your friends, family and loved ones for your birthday celebration!
We take reservations for Saturdays and Sundays, for the duration of 3 hours (the time is negotiable) by phone 29838511 or email: email@example.com;
The premises for the birthday celebration are located on the 1st floor (children will be able use the kindergarten games and toys);
The service fee is EUR 75 /3h. Each additional hours is charged at EUR 20.
We wish your child a happy birthday!
PPEI “Sunflower” offers additional classes: educational activities with games, dancing English lessons, robotics and clay modelling.
(Classes for smaller or bigger children are organised separately.)
These classes help children learn and develop basic movements and dance steps to the rhythm of music. They can later use these movements in games as well as recreational and thematic dances.
Just like any other physical activities, dancing improves the overall physical fitness and abilities and helps form a correct posture.
In addition, the classes contribute to the following:
- development of musicality and a sense of rhythm, coordination and flexibility;
- development and strengthening of spatial orientation skills;
- improvement of memory, processing and imagination;
- coordinating one’s movements with those of other children;
- forming such qualities as companionship and teamwork.
What is ROBOTICS? (once a week)
- Classes with Lego Education Pre-School equipment;
- Classes with robots;
- Understanding the link between cause and effect;
- Development of creative thinking;
- Development of teamwork skills;
- Testing and improving the mechanisms created during class.
English (once a week).
Our kindergarten offers English classes from 2 years of age. The younger children learn colours, numbers, animals and letters through games and playing.
The bigger children learn how to pronounce words for family members, sing the alphabet, learn colours, numbers and objects. The course also teaches elementary politeness and how to use such phrases as “thank you”, “please” and “hello”, ect. Witness your child’s first steps in the world of English!
By exploring other languages and cultures, children expand their vocabulary and obtain a solid foundation for further language learning.
Creative clay modelling (once a week)
The main objective of clay modelling is to allow the children
– to express themselves and their attitude towards the surrounding world, objects, events before having to learned how to write, which, in turn, develops creative thinking and motor skills;
– to develop a creative value for for work, promote the skills of observation, comparison, attention and form a positive relationship with art and an understanding of the types and genres of the fine arts;
– to learn elementary knowledge and skills for modelling and composition;
– to learn how to promptly and correctly prepare the necessary materials and tools for work.